Monday, April 26, 2010

LOVE STORY

I am engaged! My LOVE STORY really started back in October when I was least expecting it. I haven't mentioned Seth in my blog before because I didn't want to jinx it. Now I will let you in on some of my favorite memories with Seth. I can't wait to make many more in the years to come. I honestly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I am happier than I have ever been and I know that life is just going to get better.

October 30, 2009
Lunch with the Ladies
Once a month I get together for lunch with a few other Speech Therapists. We share therapy ideas, life stories, and good food. On this particular Friday, Verna, Suzanne P, Bonnie and I met at Firehouse Pizzeria. Bonnie is a resource teacher at Suzanne's schools, and was in my student ward several years ago. Somehow we got on the topic of dating (or lack of dating). About a week later, Bonnie emailed me and said she had someone she wanted to set me up with. Seth called a few days later and we set up a date for November 7th.

November 7, 2009
Rain Check
We were going to play croquet in a park. I was really excited for the date, but woke up the morning of November 7th really sick. I called Seth and said I had to cancel. I thought for sure that he would say something like "Yeah we will have to try another time, I'll give you a call" and then never call me back. But he lined up the rain check date right then.

November 13, 2009

Boy Meets Girl

I remember opening the door to my apartment to find a tall, dark, and handsome man. We went back to his place for chocolate fondue. Then we played the board game "Lost Cities." I'm not much of a game player but I recommend this one. Most embarrassing moment from this date. We were talking about all of the places I have traveled too. He didn't know what Petra was so I was trying to describe it to him. I wasn't very successful, then he looked down at the game board and pointed and sure enough Petra was one of the sites.

November 18, 2009
Boy Builds A House for Girl

On our second date we built this gingerbread house. I told Seth that since he had his bachelor's degree in architecture, he could build me a house. He even helped me decorate it. Then we hiked Ensign Peak.



November 22, 2009
A Sunday Walk

Seth came over and we walked downtown to look at architecture. As a side note I looked really cute this day :) I was wearing skinny jeans with black boots and my cute green jacket. I actually remember what he was wearing too.

December 4, 2009
While Parents are Away
Seth lived blocks away from Bart and Collette. I volunteered to babysit the girls while Bart and Collette went to a play. Seth came over after the girls were asleep and we watched a movie.

December 5, 2009
A Saturday of Errands

Seth took me to Rio Grande Cafe for lunch. Then he asked if I could run errands with him. It was one of my favorite days. You get to know so much about a person running errands with them.

December 9, 2009
Temple Square Lights

We walked around Temple Square and saw the lights. It was really cold. We tried to warm up in-between by listening to music inside the buildings.

December 12, 2009
A Christmas Story

I cooked fajitas and then we went to A Christmas Story at Pioneer Memorial Theater. We lucked out and got some seats that actually had leg room. I was a little worried about how 6'4 Seth would fit in the sits when I barely do.

December 13, 2009
Babysitting Max and Ben
Seth met me at JB and Mary's and we babysat Max and Ben. Seth was incredibly cute with the boys. He had them laughing hysterically and even got down on the floor to play games with them. Mary and JB liked Seth too.

December 16, 2009
Christmas Cookies
I had to get a few co-worker gifts made. Amy was dying to meet Seth so we headed up to Amy and Dallin's to dip Oreos in mint chocolate. I am 99% sure that this is the first picture of us together and I love it.



December 19, 2009
Christmas Party
Seth asked me to go to his work part at the Alta Club downtown. I was excited to be in the building I have gone by my entire life. He showed up with flowers and we walked down. The building was beautiful. I loved how all of the furniture fit in perfectly with the architectural style.

December 22, 2009
Window shopping

I met Seth downtown at the trax station. We rode trax out to his car and then went to the Sugarhouse shopping center to do some Christmas shopping. We wandered around Shopko for sometime choosing presents for his niece and nephew. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and he asked me to choose a present. We searched for Sherlock Holmes but were unsuccessful. Then I came across the Pioneer Woman Cookbook. We decided that we would start cooking together. It is one of my favorite Christmas presents ever.

December 26, 2009
Meet the Parents

Seth invited me up to Cache Valley to meet his family. He hadn't told any of them that he was even dating someone. He just asked if he could have a friend come up the day after Christmas. If you know Seth you know that this is totally his style. We went snowshoeing and shotgun shooting. Here he and Audrey are working out a little sibling rivalry on skis.

December 29, 2009
First Cooking

We tested out our first recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook. We made pizza. I highly recommend the crust recipe...it is AMAZING. We have made pizza since then and even calzones.

December 31, 2009
New Years' Eve

We played games at Justin and April's. It was my first time playing Ticket to Ride. I highly recommend it, I think we have played 3 versions since then. Then we headed up to Amy and Dallin's to ring in the new year. I usually hate New Years' Eve but not this year.
January 2, 2010
Snowshoeing to Dog Lake

We went snowshoeing with friends up to Dog Lake. It was a pretty steep hike. My favorite part was watching Seth and Anne roll down a steep hill at then end.

January 7, 2010
First Basketball Game

Seth was the Stake Athletic Director. I watched him play for the first time. I also learned how to keep score and run the scoreboard. Over the next couple of months we spent 1-2 nights a week up there helping with Basketball.

January 18, 2010
Auto Show
I had been down in Arizona running a Half Marathon. Seth was sweet enough to pick me up from the airport. Then he took me down to the Auto Show. We had a blast jumping in and out of cars.

January 29-30th, 2010
Let it snow...

I wrote all about this weekend here. I was with Seth and some other friends. My favorite part was getting up on Saturday morning and snowshoeing with Seth. He pulled out these snowshoes and told me that he had just "borrowed" them from a friend. Once we had gotten to the top of the hill he asked me if I wanted my birthday present early. I asked if I was wearing it and he said yes. He even convinced me to go sledding, something I thought I would never do again. If you look closely at the picture of the snowmobile you will see his silhouette.


February 5-6, 2010
Hyde Park
We went up to Cache Valley again to visit Seth's family. We got to walk down to an ice covered lake to see people ice fishing. Then we went snowshoeing with his Dad, Jill, Peter, and Jamie.

February 9, 2010
Best Birthday Ever
Seth got his first taste of Marzipan and I had the best birthday ever.

February 12, 2010
Hello Neighbor
Seth had to move out of his place and the basement apartment in the triplex I live in was available. He and Matt moved in on Friday, February 12th. It was nice having him 15 minutes away, it was even better having him less than a minute away.

February 28, 2010
Happy Birthday
Seth's Birthday is in February also. He loves Spiderman, so I made this cake for him. We invited his siblings over for dinner and his nieces and nephews loved the cake.

March ?, 2010
Spring
Seth surprised me with flowers one day. I love sunflowers but I love Spring even more.


March 20 , 2010
Spanish Fork Hot Springs
We went down to the Spanish Fork Hot Springs with some friends. I thought about posting a picture but one thing Seth and I have in common is our pasty whiteness, so I will spare you. I had never been to the Hot Springs but I will definitely return.

March 27, 2010
Scooter Ride

I wrote about this day in this post. One of my favorite things is going on scooter rides. I seriously giggle almost the entire time. I have wanted a scooter for years and now I have Seth and a scooter.

April 17, 2010
Salt Lake Half Marathon

Seth wasn't just at the finish line for the Salt Lake Half Marathon he got up ridiculously early to drop me off at the start line. He is not a morning person in the least bit, so getting up early on a Saturday meant a lot to me. I loved seeing him along the route cheering me on.

After the race we went to a family BBQ and then took Seth's niece and nephew (Isabelle and Ben) and my nephews (Ben and Max) to How to Train Your Dragon in 3D.

April 22, 2010
Lifehouse Concert

I took Seth to the Lifehouse/Daughtry concert. When I first told him I could follow Lifehouse around the country he didn't believe me. Now I think he does.

April 24, 2010
Engagement Day

Saturdays are my favorite days because I get to spend almost all day with Seth. On Saturday, April 24th we had Stake Conference in the morning. Then I went off to see my friend Roxy go through the temple and Seth headed to his soccer game. We saw each other for a few minutes between the temple/soccer game and open house. He was sweet enough to mow the lawn for me while I attended an open house. Then I mowed my parents lawn and helped him babysit Isabelle and Ben.

He said he was going to take me to dinner. When I opened my door I found him holding these beautiful flowers that Isabelle and Ben had helped him pick out.

We got in the car and headed to Lamb's Grill which has been on Main Street since 1919. On the way there he handed me the first card of many. Each card had a time written on the outside which corresponded to the time that he would give me the card, and consequently to a time that he had thought about me during the past few weeks and written in his notebook. The words of each card were thoughtful and sweet. I will treasure them forever. Here is a picture of the stack of cards I received from 8:30 PM on Saturday to 3:30 PM on Sunday.

Seth is not blushing in the picture below. He got really sunburned playing soccer and mowing the lawn. Dinner was wonderful. Lamb's grill has a really great ambiance.

After dinner we went up to one of our favorite spots overlooking the city. This is where Seth asked to marry me. When he is asked to tell the story of how he proposed he always says "I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me." He did it perfectly, in this perfect spot.


July 20, 2010
Wedding Day

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congratulations and what a great story! You look amazing in all of the photos - clearly he makes you very happy.
Hopefully our paths will cross at Ragnar and I can give you good wishes in person.

Amy said...

LOVE that picture of the two of you overlooking the city. Sniffle, makes me so happy! :)

Rachelle said...

Love, love, LOVE IT!!! I'm so glad you shared all these fun dates! And pretty ring, Suz! I can't wait to meet him!

mrsjpvan2 said...

That is so sweet!!! He sounds like John, in that I have whole boxes of cards now that we've been married over 10 years. Maybe we'll meet again on another cruise and I can give you a congratulations hug in person. I'll bet your parents are happy, too.

Mary said...

I remember thinking that after the very first date in November you seemed like you really liked him. I've witnessed all this happen and I still have goosebumps reading your post. We are so happy for you! Max and Ben are quite happy to have Seth to tackle and tickle.

Jamie Hatch said...

Thank you so much! Seth never tells us anything! Love the ring! I should have guessed he would be a such a romantic. The whole story is much better than "I got down one knee and asked her." I'm amazed you remembered all the dates, you must keep a good journal. How fun. Have I told you I'm soooo excited for you both!

Brkie in Utah said...

I always told you to be patient and you'd find someone awesome. Seth is awesome. We're thrilled for you two.

Cloe said...

Suzanne, I can't believe that as the sister of your roommate I didn't know about any of this. That darn Anne. I couldn't be happier for you...he sounds like an incredible guy! :)

Christy said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! You make an adorable couple.

Abigail said...

Awww!! I'm glad at least one of the Robertson men knows how to propose!!

J and T said...

I am so happy for you! It is so fun to see you so happy. Thanks for sharing the past couple of months!

Tara