Millie hit the 18 month mark back in March. That means she is officially in nursery...although she has been going for several months since Seth and I both have 3rd hour callings. She does much better when Seth drops her off at nursery...she is pretty clingy when I try to take her. Nursery is tricky because it is during her nap time. These are Seth and Millie's thoughts on daylight savings...
At her 18 month check-up Millie was 32 inches tall which puts her in the 59th percentile for height. She weighed 20.5 pounds which put her in the 5th percentile in weight. Her pediatrician is having us came back in May for a weight check...we hope this little one starts to gain weight by then. This poor little one had her first ear infection at her 18 month check up. She was miserable. I literally held her constantly for several days.
She may be a picky eater...but she never turns down sweets. Here she is enjoying a little candy cane that she managed to find.
She is figuring out how to feed herself but she has the tendency to just dump everything when she is done. She has just four teeth but manages to eat just about everything.
I was just reading about Phin at the same age and how I had to put his little chairs in time out so he wouldn't climb up to everything. Millie has definitely hit the same point. I dread hearing the sound o her pulling the step stool in the kitchen. Here she is on a Sunday afternoon after helping herself to Nona's lipstick. At least she knew what to do with it.
Millie has the cutest wardrobe. Here she is in the dress Nona made for her 1st birthday.
Here she is in one of Nona's vintage creations. My sister Sarah or I wore this when we were little.
One day I got Seth to polish Phin's shoes...and then I got my boots out too. Millie loves shoes and was all about helping.
Millie is also starting to make this face whenever I tell her to smile.
Phin update: It has been so fun to see Phin and Millie become close. She pretty much wants to be doing whatever her big brother is doing. Here they are watching "good boy" shows as Phin calls them.
Playing games together...
Spinning in the office chair.
They also have plenty of moments where they don't get along. I think Millie bumped Phin right before this picture was taken.
Phin is growing up so fast. When I tell him he needs to stop growing he always tells me he can't. I have a decorate ruler to measure how the tall the kids are and Phin often runs up and stands next to it and says "Mama see how much I growing." Phin recognizes the first letter in his name. He loves to sing songs, play with playdoh and create artwork. He has a great imagination. He loves to be read to and is starting to make up his own stories as he looks through books. He is becoming a great helper. We sure love our Phin!


1 comment:
So cute!
Post a Comment