Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spring Break

Spring Break was the first week of April.  It was fun to have an entire week off of work and to have time to make special memories with Phin and Millie.  On Monday the kids and I headed to Discovery Gateway for some play.


Then we hopped on Trax and headed over to City Creek. Millie fell asleep in the stroller.


Here is Phin doing his choo-choo sound as we waited for the Trax train.  We had lunch at Chick-Fil-A and shopped at a few stores. 


On Tuesday we headed to the movie theater for $5 Tuesdays. 


We saw Lego Batman...which Phin loved.  Millie lasted about as long as the popcorn and then was an absolute terror.


I themed the rest of the day use up the gift cards day.  We had a Cinnabon at Maverick.


This is Millie's classic face when I ask her to smile.  We headed up to Farmington Station next and used up a gift card at Downeast and then played on the playground.


On Wednesday we walked to the park with friends.  The swing was just big enough for Millie and Ella to swing together.




We spent time doing yard work in the afternoon and rewarded ourselves with Popsicles.


Phin picked this tulip for me from our yard...we had a conversation about not picking flowers from our yard...but I don't think it sunk in.  Just a few days later he picked me a whole bouquet. It was nearly impossible to be mad at him when he told me he picked flowers just for me and said "I love you mom."


That evening we walked around the State Capitol building and enjoyed the cherry blossoms.




On Thursday we headed to This is the Place Heritage Park with Beth, Eliza and Lily.  It was baby animal season.  I felt so bad for this mama goat...she was producing way more milk than her two baby goats needed.



Millie loved the baby chicks...from a distance.


I pretty much forced Phin to go on a pony ride.  When he got off he said he loved it..


Phin and Millie loved running around in the little playhouses.




They also loved the train ride.


The Indian village was all new since the last time we were at the park.  Phin loved climbing on the red rock.




He also loved racing a boat down the stream.


Millie loved panning for gold.




Phin loved stamping leather.




I learned that Phin also loved hard labor... here he is hanging up the laundry.


...and working in the field.



We ended the day with our traditional eagle photo.


Friday was less exciting than the rest of the week.  I had some kind of stomach bug so we spent the day hunkered down in the house watching movies and chilling out.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Oh, that poor goat! Fun week, except for the stomach bug. Ugh, I just got done with a horrible one. Chilling and movies is just the right plan when you feel icky!