Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Salt Con End of Summer


The first Saturday in September , Seth and I went on an all day date to Salt Con End of Summer.  Silas was lucky enough to tag along with us.  Phin and Millie were delighted to have one of our favorite babysitters entertain them all day. 


The first game we played was Century Eastern Wonders.  This is a spin-off of Century Spice Road that we played at the convention back in March.  It was quick to learn and the components worked well. 


The next game we played together so we could play with a couple of friends.  It was Luxor, the runner-up for the Spiel de Jarhres 2018 (Game of the Year).  I really liked this game and could see us playing it as a family some day.  It has quite a bit of luck...but also quite a bit of strategy.


The next game that I played was Dinosaur Island.  This was a HEAVY worker placement game.  It took several hours...and I was ready for it to be over.  It was hard for me to hold Silas and see all of the options that were available to me.  The theme was really fun...basically Jurassic Park.


Silas was a champ the whole day...Here he is catching a little nap on my lap while we played.


Seth played Kingdomino and Queendomino while I was playing Dinosaur Island.  This was the Spiel De Jahres winner in 2017.


The final game that we played was Expancity.  We basically used cards to build either residential or commercial buildings...it was right up Seth's alley.



We have already purchased our tickets for Salt Con in March.  We would love for anyone to join us.

No comments: