We loved that Christmas Eve fell on a Saturday this year. We spent the morning hanging around our house. I spent the morning getting a breakfast casserole assembled for Christmas day...and cooking a pie and cheesecake for the upcoming family festivities. In the afternoon we met my side of the family at the movie theater to see Sing. I dressed Millie in one of the vintage dresses that my Mom made when I was little. Most of the dresses my mom made came in pairs...one for me and one for my sister...this one was actually Sarah's...so in a few years Millie will get to wear this dress again.
After the movie we headed to Nona and Papa's for a pizza dinner. We took our Weykick...and the kids loved it. Seth and I got to play two of our new games with Scott and Kristi. We introduced them to Karuba...and we all learned Black Fleet together.
I love this picture of our little Wolf Pack...The Elf on the Shelf boys.
Here is a picture of 4 of the 5 youngest grandchildren. We missed having Sarah, Joe, Kate and Harvey with us.
Millie with her youngest cousin Carver.
Phin and Millie...not being very cooperative at getting a picture with Nona and Papa.
After jammies we enjoyed some yummy desserts. Millie found Papa carrying his plate around and pulled him over to the couch. She then preceded to chirp to get bites of his dessert.
Millie is quite obsessed with Jeff and Kim's dogs. She thought Teenie's cage was quite neat. She even managed to climb in herself.
The kids fell asleep on the way home from Nona and Papa's...which gave time for Santa to make his visit.
I had two favorite gifts this year. The first was for Millie. My mom was able to find the wooden doll cradle that was mine when I was little. I recovered the mattress and made a couple of pillows.
Seth also gave me the In The Family Circle statue. He looked tirelessly for this statue when we were engaged. He wanted to give it to me as a wedding present...but he was couldn't find it at the time. This statue holds a very special place in his heart and in his family's heart...and now in my heart. We happened to see it in the display case at Deseret Industries a few weeks ago...and knew we couldn't pass it up.
...and with that we collapsed into bed..wishing for a White Christmas.


2 comments:
I love seeing all the Richards grandkids in their Christmas jammies every year! I am in love with Millie's vintage dress and doll cradle, and I'm supremely impressed that your mom kept them both in such pristine condition and THEN was actually able to find them when you asked about them. Are Kate and Millie the right ages apart to wear your and Sarah's old dresses at the same time! How great would that be?!?
I can't believe you found the statue! I'll admit I'm a little jealous (in a good way!) Good Christmas memories.
Post a Comment