Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving was the typical pie preparation day for me.  We had Aaron over for a sleepover the night before and then headed over to Nona's in the morning.  She encouraged me to make a double batch of pies while I was there.  So I made a pecan pie fore both of us and a banana cream pie for both of us as well.  It was honestly a bit of a disaster...the pecan pie cooked over in the oven just as Phin had some tummy troubles.  Let's just say it was a Pie Wednesday for the books.

Thanksgiving started off  early for me.  I got up early to put the turkey in the oven and head over to a Turkey 5K at the local Rec Center.  My final time was 29:18...not to bad.  Phin was pretty excited to see the metal that I won when I got home.


We hosted Seth's parents and Seth's brother's family for Thanksgiving this year.  They brought yummy salads and rolls.



We also had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes a gratin, gravy and glazed carrots.


 


Th kids table...


The grown up table...


After lunch Jordan and Seth played a few games.


Grandma Jo read to the grandkids.


 The grandkids also had fun playing together.


Grandma Jo and Maddie also had a Pinball tournament.


Beth, Eliza and Lily joined us later for pie.  I borrowed this picture from Abby's Facebook page...Lily, Millie and Jaclyn Joy.


The next day we did some Black Friday shopping...but at a reasonable hour.


Millie found a friend.  This one is for Jeff and Kim.


The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing...Grandma Jo was sweet enough to watch Phin and Millie while we went to Dr. Strange with Reed.  Seth and Reed also found time to go shotgun shooting with Eric, Teresa, Michael and Jared on Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Food...yummmmmmm!! Sounds like a heavenly Thanksgiving weekend.