I found a sweet deal for a sleigh ride to see Santa at the Homestead Resort in Midway. We headed up the Saturday after Thanksgiving...unfortunately there was very little snow...so it was more like a wagon ride. We stopped at the Park City thrift store on our way up. We had asked Phin what he was going to ask Santa for and he said a Knight suit...low and behold we found him a Knight helmet in the thrift store.
We had a little time to kill before our sleigh ride...so we headed over to say hello to Sven and Olaf.
We also said hello to the ducks.
Millie loved walking around on the putting green.
The horses were all lined up along the green and each time one of them would neigh Millie would look up.
Then our sleigh ride started. We decided to sing songs along the way. The only Christmas song Phin knows is Jingle Bells...so no matter what song we sang...Phin sang Jingle Bells.
We finished just outside of Santa's cottage.
Santa was a lot of fun...
Millie and Phin preferred to keep a good distance.
We officially have our Santa visit checked off of our list for this year...pretty awesome to have that done before December even started. Please excuse me while I go to the store for some duct tape...I have a Knight suit to make.
1 comment:
Good luck with the duct tape! Hey, do you happen to know if Jim Kelson still owns the Homestead? He did a million years ago when I worked for him at his PT clinic. We had our company Christmas parties there every year...
BTW, thanks for sharing such a sweet memory of Steph (and our olive-laden fingers!) in your comment on my Thanksgiving blog post. I wish I could remember that day better. I do have fuzzy memories of eating olives that way as a kid,so I have no doubt that we did so out on your deck. I can't wait until I have all of my memories back someday!
Post a Comment