Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Family Weekend

We headed up to Cache Valley the second weekend in December for a family party and baby blessing.  We drove up Friday night.  We ate pizza and played games on Friday night.  On Saturday we had lots of time to play with family.   

 

This horse was a big hit with the kids.

 


Uncle Jami was also a big hit with Millie.  She loves to be up held so she can see everything that was going on.  Uncle Jami is so tall that he gave her a great vantage point.


In the afternoon we headed over to Jamie and Jotham's house for the party.  Grandma Jo had planned a candy train craft for the kids.  Aunt Beth was sweet enough to help Phin complete his train.


Thank you Grandma Jo!


Then some of the adults headed out to the pasture to do some shotgun shooting.




How amazing is this view.  If you look really hard you can see the Logan Temple.




Phin was pretty excited to see the roller-coaster toy again.



We even managed to get a  couple pictures of all four of us.


 

Then we headed out to say hello to the horses.





This picture just melts my heart!








Seth is planning to build an arcade for us.  He wanted to try out the Disney Infinity game of Gavin's.



Jamie had planned a Return to Bethlehem dinner for us.  She set up her entire living room with a long small table for us to sit at.




Millie loved all of the dolls around Aunt Jamie's house.  She insisted on climbing into this doll high chair.


Before dinner we headed out to the barn for a live nativity.  It was AMAZING!  Thank you Jamie and family for planning such as special night for us.





My favorite part of the nativity was at the end when we followed the star to the stable and worshiped Baby Jesus.




Following the nativity Uncle Jotham showed us how he feeds the horses and was sweet enough to show Phin the secret hideout in the barn.



Then we headed in for our dinner.  We had fish, pita bread, hummus, nuts, dried figs, cheese and lots of other goodies.


It was absolutely a night to remember.


The next day we attended Baby Mathen's blessing. I opted to go with Phin and Millie into the nursery following the blessing.  Our family pretty much doubled their normal nursery. 


I loved seeing Phin and Millie in nursery with all of their cousins.




I should have taken pictures at the luncheon...but I forgot.  I also forgot to take picture at Jill and Peter's house after the luncheon.  We were able to teach them the game that we gave them this year.  It was a wonderful and memorable weekend.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a neat weekend! I love cache valley.

Rachelle said...

I love that you married into such a wonderful family. It makes my heart happy (and jealous, if truth be told...). So many great pictures, but I agree - the one of Seth and Millie is perfection!

Jamie Hatch said...

You have some really great pictures in this post that I'm going to be stealing when I get around to blogging about the family party. (Hope you don't mind) That one of Seth and Millie though, oh, it needs to be printed and framed. I have one on my camera of your cute family that I need to share. Merry Christmas!