Saturday, October 16, 2010
Haunted Gingerbread House
Seth designed a Haunted Gingerbread House for me. He used AutoCAD to draw the gingerbread house. We printed the template and then cut the pieces out.
We tried to roll the gingerbread out on the counter, cut the pieces out, and then lift the pieces up onto the cookie tray. This strategy didn't work out so well. I became a little frustrated...Seth remained calm as always. We threw the gingerbread back into the bowl and decided to try again another night.
Attempt 2 was much more successful. Step 1: Roll the gingerbread between two sheets of wax paper. Step 2: Lift the cut pieces on the wax paper onto the cookie sheets. Step 3: Bake. A few of these pieces got a little too toasty but they worked out in the end.
After two decorating sessions, an extra trip to the store for more candy, and 2 1/2 batches of frosting our gingerbread house is complete.
Some of my favorite parts are the licorice siding, candy corn tin roof, the pumpkin patch, and the vine wrapping around the side.

If you want to make a creation of your own you may want to check out this site. They have a gingerbread recipe, template, and frosting recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My kids are here reading over my shoulder, and we are all very impressed!
So cute! I love it.
So mcuh fun.
The house looks great. I actually laughed out loud when I read that Seth used Auto-CAD to design the house. That was awesome!
You might want to edit your directions on Step 1: "Roll the gingerbread between two sheets of gingerbread."
Thanks for the editing help Pete. I am teaching Sunday School now and it makes me think of you.
Oh wow, that is fantastic. Congratulations.
Post a Comment