Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lessons in Frying: Doughnuts, Mushrooms, and Pickles

This Friday we decided to venture back into the world of fried desserts. We were inspired by last weeks Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and decided to make some doughnuts of our own. We made cake doughnuts rather than raised doughnuts. Here is what they looked like before hitting the fryer.

And here they are all golden brown and delicious. Is there anything better than a warm doughnut? Fall isn't complete without a doughnut and some apple juice.

We haven't had hamburgers since we got married. So we grilled up some patties, toasted some buns, and topped them with pepper jack cheese, avocado, grilled onions, and fried pickles. I couldn't help but say "This is money" to Seth. They were so delicious, I'm sure Guy would have agreed. The fried mushrooms on the side were amazing. A big thank you to my former flatmate for suggesting the fried pickles.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Man, those doughnuts looks beautiful! I haven't had much of a sweet tooth at all this pregnancy, but one of those babies could convert me, I bet!

nateandalliewilcox said...

you two are always making yummy food! I love the pictures!

Mary said...

Now that's a gourmet burger I think your dad would really enjoy. Fried pickles sound very good!