Monday, November 13, 2017

September

Phin and Millie love to play together.  One morning I found them tucked under the desk in our kitchen playing while I got some cooking done.


September was when we harvested our grapes.  We bottled quart jars of grape juice and I ended up using every quart jar that I had on hand.  Our cold storage shelves are now full of yummy grape juice.


Phin helped me make dirt cups on one of the rare days that Millie took a nap.  He was so excited to have them for FHE dessert.



Our neighbors host a pizza party each Fall and this party did not disappoint.   In addition to wood fired pizza we enjoyed cotton candy, slushies and lots of socializing with friends.



Phin also bobbled for apples...


he managed to get one too.  


The party also included a bounce house.  Our neighbor Lydia was sweet enough to look after Millie and held her hand the entire time that they jumped.


Seth also planted a couple of new trees in our yard.  Our local nursery was going out of business so we was able to get a pretty good deal.  We live right next to an Elementary school which can be both a blessing and a curse...several weeks after planting a student pulled almost every branch off one of our little trees...we are waiting to see if it recovers but I am doubtful.